3.3.14

In 28 days.

In 28 days I will be boarding an airplane, or three, to Israel.

I am equally as nervous as I am excited. I have travelled to China before, but I had someone leading me, every step of the way. This trip, I have myself. I am absolutely blessed to be able to have family who has offered to house me when I am there. Family that has never even met me! My appreciation can't fully be expressed! I am honored to even have the opportunity to be able to go to the country that not only birthed my immediate family, but also the Father that I serve daily. I am excited to meet new friends, and observe the differences and similarities they posses in comparison to Americans. I am excited and terrified to push myself to new levels of independence and adventures. I am one of the most bold and outgoing people I know, but when it comes to complete unfamiliarity, I tend to need a push. On this trip I will need to push myself, to not be afraid to get lost, to be vulnerable, and to truly accept new traits about myself I don't even know of yet. 

There are so many preparations that need to take place before this journey. Anybody have information on international phone plans through Verizon? Or what adapters I might need for my electronics I am bringing with me? Do Israel and Turkey use the same adapters, because I have a couple layovers there... Has anyone flown through Turkey? Can I check my bag straight to Israel or do I need to pick it up in Turkey and re check it through to Israel? When I fly back, can I check my bag straight to JFK? Or do I again need to re check it in Turkey? Do Taxis readily wait outside JFK, cause I have to switch airports...


Ps can anyone pick me up from the airport on April 15th at 5:30 (if all my flights are on time)???

Five days after I get back from Israel, I pick up my best friend from the airport. The next morning we hop in my overly stuffed car and start our drive across the country , to Portland. Camping out every night. Visiting historical, and random landmarks. Most importlantly, sharing more than two hours of quality time together, just the two of us. I can't remember the last time I even had a whole day with just her. We both have gone through so many transitions over the past year, and living hundreds of miles away from each other makes communication challenging. I know this will be a trip that I will never forget! Even the mere fact that she will be the first person to enter my new life with me in Portland is such a treasure!

My life is about to get crazy, as you can tell. Please pray for job doors to open, in God's perfect timing, and for my faith to never falter. Please pray for myself to be able to really minimalize what I bring with me to Portland. Pray for safe travels, and inexpensive gas prices haha. Pray for all of my flights to run smoothly as I travel through different countries. Most importantly, I ask that you pray for myself to be an open conduit of Christ's love and generosity on these trips. Pray for people to see Jesus in me, and ask questions, and receive His favor.