5.5.14

Let it go, Hali.

I have officially been residing in Portland, Oregon for one week. It's crazy to think that so much time has passed since I left Nashville. When you're having fun, time flies.

I have, by the grace of God - and His placing wonderfully thoughtful friends in my life here, been out and about almost every day, pursuing relationships, adventures, and jobs. I am having such an incredible experience, it's hard to believe that this isn't a vacation. Though... not having a job could be the reason for the whole vacation mindset.

On that note: not having a job - strangest experience of my life. It's so freeing, and so stressful. Every day I am on the internet, spearing employment listings with my resume'. I should probably be more concerned than I actually am, but I have such a peace about God's provision, paired with my action behind His promise of fulfillment.

As far as community is concerned - I could cry with joy, and with overwhelming gratefulness. Living in Nashville was such a challenge for me, because I am naturally split between being an extravert and an introvert. After 10 years of participating in life in the south, I have come to realize that people in the greater Nashville area tend to be far less interested in a strong culture of community. Planning events for birthdays, hiking adventures, or dinners was almost always futile. I had friends there, but very few were genuinely interested in growing a strong relationship. With all of that being said, my introverted self became over saturated, and my extraverted self was severely dehydrated. Within one week here, everyone I have met has absolutely amazed me with their kindness. Their efforts to involve me in their lives is dumbfounding. Simple things from inviting me to watch sports games, going to church, and picnics in the park, all the way to inviting me on breathtaking hikes through the mountains, has been so encouraging. I wish I could really express how much I appreciate this generosity without freaking them all out. Also, let me give an ASTRONOMICALLY HUGE shout out to Brittany and Matt, for giving up their living room to my homeless self as God and I slowly build myself a life in PDX.

It's crazy to me that this city has captivated my heart in such a minuscule time frame, compared to the years spent in Tennessee. When God has a purpose for you, He sure knows what He is doing.

Though I am technically homeless, I have never felt more at home in my life.

If I could ask of anyone reading this, one thing: Pray that I step back and let God... in everything. I have the tendency to want to take control of situations, and twist them into an outcome that I desire. But, if that outcome isn't from the heart of the Lord, then I want no part of it. Whether that be with a job, with community, or with a relationship - I want Jesus to lead.

K thanks, bye.